- 2 Stroke Bicycle Engine Kits
- 80cc Raw Motor Bicycle Engine Kit
NOTE: Top end assembly required for this engine kit.
How to Install The Top End of a 80cc 66cc 48cc 2-Stroke Bicycle Engine Kit
Convert your bicycle to a motorized bicycle by adding a 2 stroke engine kit to it. The kit fits best on bikes with 25 to 30mm diameter front down tube and 70 degree Vee type frame like a mountain bike but can be installed on larger diameter tube frames with modifications. “Looks Cool” on the older beach cruiser type coaster brake bikes. The motor bolts to the bicycle frame in the center of the frame (additional mounting options available). A second Heavy Duty chain is attached from the motor to the rear wheel via a second sprocket attached to the rear wheel.
2 stroke motor kits are started by “bump” starting them. While holding in the clutch, pedal the bike quickly. When you release the clutch after the bike gets to speed, it push starts the motor.
The kit will average around 25-35 M.P.H depending on rider weight and rear sprocket gear ratio.
This bike motor kit comes with everything that you'll need except gas and oil since this is a 2 stroke, 2 stroke oil needs to be added to the fuel. Always mix gas in a gas can, not the gas tank. When the engine is new, it would need to be broken in with a richer mixture, after at least 1 tank of gas, then the mix can be “leaned out” (less oil). Never go less than 32:1 ratio (4oz of oil per Gallon).
- New Motor - 16:1 (8 oz of oil per gallon)
- After Broken in - 32:1 (4 oz of oil per gallon)
You will be able to stop or start the engine as you ride. This kit gets maximum fuel efficiency stock at around 100 miles per gallon.
The Motor will require some assembly, the top end of the motor must be installed.
- 2.75 HP (horse power)
- 25 to 40 mph depending on the gear ratio and weight.
- MPG 100-150 miles per gallon
- Adds only about 20lbs to your bike
- Great quality bicycle engine kit
- Independent drive sprocket and chain does not interfere with your current drive chain and peddling
This bike motor engine kit includes:
- 80cc Raw Motor Engine 2.75 HP
- Comes with the Super Mount. $15 Value!
- Friction Clutch; Pedal Start
- Magneto With Solid State CDI Ignition
- 44Tooth, 9 Hole Chrome Sprocket
- 3 Plate Sprocket Kit
- 2.0 Liter Fuel Tank, Tear Drop Shape (Black Color)
- Chrome Muffler
- Push Button Clutch Lever And Cable
- Twist Throttle With Engine Kill Switch
- Improved Gas Valve
- Fuel Line #2
- Idler Pulley Chain Tensioner with Bearings
- Improved NT Carburetor
- Chrome Lined Cylinder Wall
- Head With Center Fire Spark Plug
- 202 Crankcase Bearings
- Needle Bearings On Piston Wrist Pin
- Improved 415 Chain
- Chain Guard
- Tool Kit
- All The Mounting Brackets, Gaskets, And Hardware Including Nylon Locking Nuts
- Universal Motor Mount
- Complete User Manual
- 6-Month Limited Warranty Included - FREE
How to Install 80cc 66cc 2-Stroke Bicycle Engine Kit
80cc Raw Motor Bicycle Engine Kit FAQs:
Question: How much weight will this engine kit add to a bike?
- Answer: This kit will add about 20lbs to your bike.
Question: What fuel do I use for this engine kit?
Answer: This 2 stroke motor kit requires an Oil And Gas Mixture as follows:
When New: 16 to 1 (8oz per Gallon)
After 2 Tanks Of Break-In: 32 to 1 (4oz per Gallon)
You should get 100-150 Miles per gallon and achieve 20-40 MPHdepending on climate, altitude, bike weight, and rider weight
Question: How do I start and stop my bike with the 80cc Raw Motor Bicycle Engine?
Answer: The starting and stopping of these two stroke motor kits are this:
You can still pedal bike like normal with clutch lever held in or locked in with a button.
To Start: It's just like riding a bike normally, hold in the clutch and pedal the bike to get some speed, then release the clutch to "Jump Start" the motor. If you know of or remember jump starting a Manual VW Bug this start method is the same.
To Stop: While the engine is running you can hold in the clutch and the engine will idle. Push the Kill Switch on the throttle to kill the motor. The clutch must be held in when the bike is in motion or the motor will keep running.
This bike engine kit fits most mens 24" and larger bicycles which includes mountain, cruiser, chopper and road bikes with a V-frame and at least a 8.5" height clearance for the engine. Larger frame size requires drilling into bike frame and use of the universal face plate. Large bikes (with larger frames/down tubes) may require the Universal Motor Mount.
Engine Kit Dimensions
80cc engine kit is about 12" in height, 10" in length and 5" in width. Kit fits on standard 25mm 29mm frame tube. Larger frame size requires drilling into bike frame and use of the universal face plate. Large bikes (with larger frames/down tubes) may require the Universal Motor Mount.
* Orders received Monday - Friday by 3:30PM PST
are eligible for Same Day Shipping!
We Cannot ship to PO BOXES at this time.
For International and Canadian shipping we suggest UPS STANDARD. This does not cover Customs Brokerage, Duties, and Taxes… these are charged to the consignee on delivery.We have found that this is the cheapest way to send packages Internationally and to Canada.
Gas And Oil Mixture For Fuel Ratio: Use of a synthetic 2 stroke oil is recommended. This bicycle motor engine kit is a 2 cycle/2 stroke design, therefore, a gasoline/oil mixture is necessary as follows:
- When New: 16 to 1 (8oz per Gallon)
- After 2 Tanks Of Break In: 32 to 1 (4oz per Gallon)
Skills And Experience:
The buyer may need some basic hardware skills, tools, and it takes roughly around 2-3 hours to install and to do some adjustments and fine tuning.
Notices And Disclaimer:
- We cannot guarantee that this kit will fit your specific individual bike(s).
- Operating a bike, motorized bicycle or bike with a bicycle engine kit installed involves some risk of serious bodily injury. Buyer accepts responsibility for any and all vehicle operation that may lead to personal injury, economic loss, social distress, other losses, costs and damages.
- Seller is not responsible for injuries and/or damages resulting from operating this motorized bicycle or bicycle engine kit.
- Seller is not responsible for misuse of this kit or any warranty after installation.
- Not all motorized bicycles are allowed for on road use.
- We make no guarantee as to the road legality of these bike motors.
Down through the years China bike engine factories have always advertised their biggest engine as 80cc therefore we have listed them the same way on our website. However, the bore and stroke of an 80cc being 47x38mm only equals 66cc. Therefore there is no such thing as an 80cc bike motor and it truly does not exists and we want to make sure that you are aware of this.
Our gasoline operated products are NOT compliant with Environmental Protection Agency ( E.P.A. ) or California Air Resources Board (C.A.R.B) for the use on/off Public roads. Upon purchase, the buyer agrees to use products for racing (closed-course competition) only and NOT for on/off public roads.
Other fine products